In order for your website to rank well on search engines, you should include choosing the perfect domain name in your SEO strategy. A lot of search engines, including Google, tend to give weight to keywords in the domain name, hence, it is a good idea to consider the following points when selecting a name.
The uniqueness of a name is very important as it gives a brand value to the name. You should avoid registering domains that are similar in URL to one another or by adding hyphens to an already registered name. Creating an online brand for yourself is very important, consequently, keywords should be used creatively in domain names. The best strategy is to add a word to the beginning or the end of the keyword in order to make it unique. Look at these examples and you will get the idea of what I mean; ixwebhosting.com, flightscity.com, sofreedomains.com, domainnamewire.com, etc.
If you are purchasing a domain from the secondary market (e.g Sedo, Godaddy, DomainNameSales, etc.), you should ensure that it is in the good books of search engines, especially Google. It is advisable for you to stay away from penalized sites so that you won't spend all your time and money in fixing them. In addition, the name must include keywords and be unique. It must also be linkable because if it is not, it will be difficult for you to boost its link profile and page rank.
Your SEO strategy begins with choosing the right domain name and if you get it right at this stage, your online adventure would be meaningful. As part of your SEO strategy, your name should not be taken lightly as it can make or mar your online campaign.
$1/ mo Hosting + Free domain! Stick it to the doubters! Put your big idea online!
For advert placement, sponsored posts, web design or further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow On Twitter
- ► 2016 (270)
- How To Get The Perfect Web Hosting For Your Domain...
- Best Domain Name Tactics For SEO
- What You Should Know About Country Code Top-level ...
- The Difference Between A Domain Name Registrar And...
- How You Can Prevent Domain Name Hijacking
- How To Get The Best WordPress Hosting For Your Dom...
- Can One Domain Name Be Enough For A Website?
- 5 Basic Tips Of A Small Business Domain Name Strat...
- Why You Should Consider New Domain Name Extensions...
- 5 Reasons For Registering Multiple Domain Names
- How You Can Buy An Already Registered Domain Name
- Why You Should Avoid Sub-Domains For Your Online P...
- How To Register A Free .Com Domain Name For Your S...
- Choosing The Right Domain Name To Boost Your SEO
- How To Use A Domain Broker Service
- How To Create A .Com Website Without Paying For A ...
- Should You Choose A Free Domain Name Registration?...
- ▼ June (17)