If you want to launch a website, the first step you need to take is to register a domain name. However, due to certain circumstances, you need to register more than one domain and some of these circumstances are discussed below.
The internet is a competitive environment and anyone desirous of entering the terrain must be proactive. Your domain name or URL is your identity online, hence, it is very essential to protect it. If your choice name is still available and you are able to register it, you should not forget to register look-alike names so that your online popularity will not be negatively exploited. What do I mean by this? Let's assume that your registered name is 'speak.com', you should also register look-alike names like 'speaks.com', 'spaek.com', 'speke.com', etc. and redirect them to 'speak.com', your main website. This way, anyone that mistakenly type any of the look-alike names will be redirected to your main site.
In addition, you should register other domain extensions of your name. Popular extensions, apart from .com, are .net, .biz, .info and .org. You should ensure that you register your domain in these extensions and their look-alikes. Consequently, for adequate protection of 'speak.com', you should register 'speak.net', 'speak.biz', 'speak.info' and 'speak.org', including their look-alikes. If you don't register all these variations of your domain and your website eventually becomes popular, other internet geeks will do so and benefit from your site's popularity. If you then approach them to sell the domains to you, the price you will get will amaze you because you are now dealing with a secondary market. As a result of this, you should be prepared to register more than one domain for your website.If you don't have enough money to get all of them now, you can get important ones now and get the remaining ones later. It is better to spend the extra cost than lose a lot of revenue to cybersquatters.
Go Daddy Bulk Domain Registration
For advert placement, sponsored posts, web design or further information, contact email@example.com
Follow On Twitter
- ► 2016 (270)
- How To Get The Perfect Web Hosting For Your Domain...
- Best Domain Name Tactics For SEO
- What You Should Know About Country Code Top-level ...
- The Difference Between A Domain Name Registrar And...
- How You Can Prevent Domain Name Hijacking
- How To Get The Best WordPress Hosting For Your Dom...
- Can One Domain Name Be Enough For A Website?
- 5 Basic Tips Of A Small Business Domain Name Strat...
- Why You Should Consider New Domain Name Extensions...
- 5 Reasons For Registering Multiple Domain Names
- How You Can Buy An Already Registered Domain Name
- Why You Should Avoid Sub-Domains For Your Online P...
- How To Register A Free .Com Domain Name For Your S...
- Choosing The Right Domain Name To Boost Your SEO
- How To Use A Domain Broker Service
- How To Create A .Com Website Without Paying For A ...
- Should You Choose A Free Domain Name Registration?...
- ▼ June (17)