New generic top-level domains (gTLDs) are here and they have started redefining the internet. Before now, it was an easy dominance of .com domain name extension which can currently boast of more than 115 million registrations all over the world (what else do you expect from a gTLD that started out in 1985, ahead of others). Analysts believe that in the nearest future, this dominance will be broken due to the introduction of new gTLDs. What are these new gTLDs? Let's have a look at some of them.
Examples of new domain name extensions are .club, .XYZ, .school, .bank, .photography, .band, .rich, .design, .academy, .science, just to mention a few. If you critically look at these new gTLDs, you will discover that they are more descriptive (and that's the catch for us all). By merely looking at a domain name extension, we can clearly identify the industry it represents. For example, 'Barclays.bank' is more descriptive than 'Barclays.com' and I hope you agree with me.
Consequently, if you want to launch an online presence in today's world, using the new gTLDs will stand you out among competitors. For example, if you are a photographer, something like 'Jack.photography' will catch the fancy of your prospects than 'Jackphotography.com', which they are used to anyway or may have been registered by someone else. There are other new gTLDs that can be considered for registration because almost every industry is covered in the roll-out plan of ICANN, the internet's name regulator. You only need to ensure that you are making use of the right domain name registrar, especially one with a proven track record.
New Domains now available from GoDaddy! Get your .GURU, .MENU, .LUXURY and more!
For advert placement, sponsored posts, web design or further information, contact email@example.com
Follow On Twitter
- ► 2016 (270)
- How To Get The Perfect Web Hosting For Your Domain...
- Best Domain Name Tactics For SEO
- What You Should Know About Country Code Top-level ...
- The Difference Between A Domain Name Registrar And...
- How You Can Prevent Domain Name Hijacking
- How To Get The Best WordPress Hosting For Your Dom...
- Can One Domain Name Be Enough For A Website?
- 5 Basic Tips Of A Small Business Domain Name Strat...
- Why You Should Consider New Domain Name Extensions...
- 5 Reasons For Registering Multiple Domain Names
- How You Can Buy An Already Registered Domain Name
- Why You Should Avoid Sub-Domains For Your Online P...
- How To Register A Free .Com Domain Name For Your S...
- Choosing The Right Domain Name To Boost Your SEO
- How To Use A Domain Broker Service
- How To Create A .Com Website Without Paying For A ...
- Should You Choose A Free Domain Name Registration?...
- ▼ June (17)